FeneVision Virtual Digitizing powered by SoftSolution
From object to CNC shape with the snap of a digital photo
With Virtual Digitizing, you can quickly produce an accurate production
drawing from a shape in the plant or field. Simply set up the shape with
targets, take a photo with the calibrated camera, import the photo into
Virtual Digitizing and export the dxf file to your fabrication system.
Produce an accurate glass fabrication production drawing from a
shape in any material including:
- Paper or cardboard templates
FeneVision Virtual Digitizing benefits
- Eliminates the need for costly digitizing tables while improving
accuracy of templates and shapes
- Is easy to use
- Works regardless of template size
- Is portable: you carry only a camera with calibrated lens and a
- Provides fast transfer of data to the cutting table
- Can digitize multiple layers for processing
Virtual digitizing features
- Auto corner closing function
- Automatic creation of DXF files for order entry systems
- Automatic spline approximation
- Mark drill holes and inner contours
- Easy to use layer selection
- Available as stand-alone application or fully integrated with
FeneVision GLASS and FeneVision SCAD CAD/CAM
- Same user interface as FeneVision SCAD
FeneVision Virtual Digitizing requirements
- A digital camera with a minimum of 6 megapixels of resolution.
Recommended camera and lens: Canon Rebel T3i with Canon Super Wide Angle EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Autofocus lens
- Calibration of the lens by FeneTech.
- Reference board with targets.
- A personal computer running Microsoft Windows XP or Vista with a
minimum of a100MB hard drive or more, a USB connection, 256MB of
main memory and an Intel IV 3.0 GHz processor.
See Virtual Digitizing in use in glass
View a video of the Virtual Digitizer in use. Click
Download Virtual Digitizing brochure
Virtual Digitizing brochure in Adobe Acrobat format.